Forum Home Forum Home > Rock The World > Albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZanZanA L'émission Metal in noise we trust...

Absu: Absu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master of the ZanZanA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absu: Absu
    Posted: 26 Mars 2009 at 13:42
ABSU RETURN AFTER A 7 YEAR GAP WITH THEIR STUNNING NEW ALBUM

American extreme metal royalty returns with their first new studio album in eight years. The self-titled recording features the newly expanded quartet with an all-star array of guest musicians. Belgian artist Kris Verwimp handled the album’s surreal packaging while the sonic aspects were directed by the band with mixing controlled by J.T. Longoria (King Diamond, Solitude Aeternus). The album’s thirteen tracks clock in at nearly an hour, a journey fans have been anxiously awaiting.

Texas-based Absu came to international prominence with the release of their debut, Barathrum: V.I.T.R.I.O.L. in 1992. Originally released via Gothic Records the label later licensed the record to France’s Osmose Productions (Immortal, Enslaved, Marduk). Absu would establish a solid relationship with the label and thus release all later recordings via the renowned independent, including the highly regarded Tara (2001). In 2007 the band would announce a new partnership with London-based Candlelight Records. The self-described mythological occult metal, the band has consistently draws lyrically from various mythological ideologies. Drummer/vocalist Proscriptor notes, "lyrically, I am concentrating more on Sumerian-based occult themes of magick and mythology versus the Celtic aspect of my previous writings, which was heavily expressed on the last few Absu studio albums. Musically speaking, the material will be quite similar to 'Tara', but with more of a '70s progressive/ psychedelic texture within it."

Genre: Black Metal

© 2009Abstract Sounds / Tanglade ltd

Released on: 09.03.2009

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic