Forum Home Forum Home > Rock The World > Albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZanZanA L'émission Metal in noise we trust...

Ektomorf: What Doesn't Kill Me...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master of the ZanZanA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ektomorf: What Doesn't Kill Me...
    Posted: 23 Mars 2009 at 22:47
Hungarian Metal institution Ektomorf will release their brandnew studio album „What Doesn't Kill Me...“ on March, 20, 2009. The new album will be the first Ektomorf release on AFM Records.

“This signing is a great new chapter in the bands career and we are very happy about it”, says lead singer and founder Zoli.

Besides the standart CD, there will be a limited digipak which will include one bonus track in addition to the regular tracklist. Furthermore, AFM Records will release a limited fan box. This box will include the digipak version, an Ektomorf sticker and a necklace with the Ektomorf band logo.

Right after the album release, the band will start their headliner tour in the beginning of April 2009. Check out the tourdates on www.afm-records.de or www.ektomorf.com .

Genre: Thrash Metal
Released on: 20.03.2009

TRACKLIST:
  1. Rat War
  2. Nothing Left
  3. What Doesn't Kill Me...
  4. Revenge To All
  5. Love And Live
  6. I Can See You
  7. I Got It All
  8. New Life
  9. Sick Of It All
  10. It´s Up To You
  11. Envy
  12. Scream
  13. Breed The Fire
Bonus track: Born For Destruction
(on digi pak editions)
© 2009AFM Records GmbH

BIO:

EKTOMORF was founded in 1993 in Mezökovacsházak, Hungary, a small city near the Romanian border, by Zoltán "Zoli" Farkas. In the actual line-up Zoli - songwriter and mastermind of the band - is the only remaining founder member. The band is completed by Tamás Schrottner (Guitar), Szabolcs Murvai (Bass) and Jozsef Szakács (Drums).

Due to his gipsy background Zoli saw himself confronted with racism and prejudices. That’s why the band had to put years of work into its international career. The breakthrough came, when EKTOMORF started collaboration with Danish producer Tue Madsen in 2003. Madsen helped the band to find its very own sound: Super fat, modern and powerful.

EKTOMORF's lyrics reflect this situation and deal with discrimination, society, pain and anger but show a strong will to survive at last. Their music combines the burning fire of the primal gipsy music with modern elements: Groovy, down tuned guitar riffs and aggressive drums, supplemented by powerful and raw screaming vocals.

Regardless of all circumstances EKTOMORF established itself as one of the most successful Hungarian bands, well known for their intensive, energetic, mind blowing live shows. Playing extensive headliner-tours and shows at the biggest European festivals (e.g. Wacken, With Full Force, Sziget, Rock am Ring) the band build up a strong fan base throughout Europe.

And now they are back! Three years after their fantastic „Outcast“ album (one of the most important Neo Thrash/Hardcore releases of the last years), the most known Hungarian band appears again, with an album that re-defines a whole genre: it´s as massive and powerful as EKTOMORF fans are used to get it from their heroes, but “What Doesn´t Kill Me” delivers even more. Walls will fall, borders will crash – once again under the aegis of producer Tue Madsen, EKTOMORF have created a monument of modern, heavy, groove-oriented music.

EKTOMORF discography:
  • Hangok (1996)
  • Ektomorf (1998)
  • Kalyi Jag (2000)
  • I Scream Up To The Sky (2002)
  • Destroy (2004)
  • Instinct (2005)
  • Outcast (2006)
  • What Doesn't Kill Me… (2009)

EKTOMORF lineup:
GUITAR
ZOLTÁN FARKAS