Forum Home Forum Home > Rock The World > Albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZanZanA L'émission Metal in noise we trust...

Acacia Avenue: Acacia Avenue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master of the ZanZanA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acacia Avenue: Acacia Avenue
    Posted: 10 Janvier 2010 at 10:55
Acacia Avenue is a new band led by Danish guitarist and songwriter Torben Enevoldsen (Section A, Fatal Force) in the melodic hard rock mold and features vocals from Tony Mills (TNT, Shy), Geir Rönning (Radioactive, Prisoner) and Torben Lysholm (Pangea, Mysterell) with drums by Thomas Heintzelmann (Section A, Decoy) and bass from Carsten Neumann (Savage Affair). Home to a clean punchy production, the album is rich in catchy vocal melodies and strong songs.

The style of the album is a blend of melodic hard rock and AOR. Torben spent most of 2008 writing new music with different people and some of the songs went in this direction. He then decided to pursue this particular style and ended up with around 20 songs and ultimately chose the best ones for what has become the debut Acacia Avenue album.

One the making of the album Torben comments, “The goal was simply to create a really great album, and for me personally, to try to write in a different style to that which I’m usually associated with. It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. My influences for this album musically were bands like Toto, Giant, Dokken, TNT, Van Halen and so on i.e. Melodic bands with a powerful element to them”.

Tony Mills (TNT, Shy) was the first to join in and together they wrote and recorded “Don’t Call Me Tonight” and “Wait No More”. Geir Rönning (Radioactive, Prisoner) began writing with Torben immediately after and together they penned the songs “Hold On”, “No Looking Back” and “Digging”. whilst Torben Lysholm (Pangea, Mysterell) wrote the lyrics for “Just Wanna Be With You” and also sings lead on “Can’t Make You Stay”. Finally Lars Säfsund (W.O.A.) did the vocals on “An Illusion”. Apart from playing all guitars, bass and keyboards on the album, Torben Enevoldsen sang backing vocals on a few songs and also did the lead vocals on “Jamie´s In Love” and “Let Go”. Thomas Heintzelmann (Section A, Decoy) played all the drums and Carsten Neumann (Savage Affair) helped out with the bass.

The mix was done by Torben Enevoldsen at Funny Farm Studios and the mastering was done by Torben Lysholm at Tune Town.

Track Listing:
01. Don't Call me Tonight 4:12
02. Hold On 4:47
03. An Illusion 4:10
04. Jamie's in Love 4:19
05. Can't Make You Stay 4:24
06. Mad Antenna 4:01
07. Wait No More 5:13
08. No Looking Back 5:00
09. Just Wanna Be With You 4:24
10. Let Go 4:29
11. Digging 4:57